Posted by: Vincent | 2012/06/22

Finger like growts below tongue

Hi Doc,

I have these finger like growths below my tongue almost like tenticles....

Searching on the internet I found " plica fimbriata"  but not much more. Some sites suggest it can be linked to Oral cancer and some say it is harmless.

I have been to dentist, GP’ s X 4 and ENT. ENT is treating me now for allergies. Spend over R 5000 on test and consultations without a diagnosis and cause.

Any idea what it is or where I can get more info on it or what expert to see next?

Thank you


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


These growths are plica fimbriata and is in most cases harmless. If you are concerned, ask ENT specialist to remove a lesion for a histological diagnosis.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.