Posted by: Vincent | 2012-06-22

Finger like growts below tongue

Hi Doc,

I have these finger like growths below my tongue almost like tenticles....

Searching on the internet I found " plica fimbriata"  but not much more. Some sites suggest it can be linked to Oral cancer and some say it is harmless.

I have been to dentist, GP’ s X 4 and ENT. ENT is treating me now for allergies. Spend over R 5000 on test and consultations without a diagnosis and cause.

Any idea what it is or where I can get more info on it or what expert to see next?

These growths are plica fimbriata and is in most cases harmless. If you are concerned, ask ENT specialist to remove a lesion for a histological diagnosis.