Question
Posted by: Anon female | 2011/08/10

Finding myself - where to start

I am 32 years old but I still don’ t feel that I am comfortable with myself. Its like I look to others (my friends my age) and see how they act, dress, etc etc and that determines who I am or how I act and so on. I am constantly logging onto social networks to see what other are up to, where they go or what they wear, why cant I just be happy with me in my skin and know what I want. Also I am extremely indecisive, about the smallest of things to ordering a coffee instead of a juice, buying clothing or deciding on a car color. Why am I this way?

Some people never ever seem to think about being uncomfortable with themselves. But some of us are excessively self-conscious and with low self-esteem. We don't have the self-confidence to accept how we are and whatever we might do or like, but feel we have to match up to others ( who may ofen actually be not half as good as you naturally are ).
Seeing a counsellor / psychotherapist ( even if nobody else you know seems to be doing so ! ) would be a realyl good idea, as it should be able to halp you improve this state of affairs fairly rapidly, and with so many benefits

1