Posted by: Chan | 2009-05-07

Finding it painfull to pass urine

Hi Doc,
I am 13 weeks pregnant and for the past 3 weeks I have had a problem to pass urine, in the 1st week, it only happened in the morning, I can feel that I am very pressed to pass urine, but once I sit on the toilet, the feeling to pass urine is still very strong, but its difficult to pass urine, but for the past 2 weeks this has been happening right through the day........I work, and walk like 10 times in 1 hr to go use the bathroom yet it comes out little at a time and like I mentioned its very painful in the sense that The feeling to wee is there but I simply cannot wee. I drink alot of water during the day, about 2L. I normally drink one cup of coffee in the morning and thats it, if the mood stricks then maybe a cup of tea after lunch.....what can the problem be, this is very upsetting and I am really getting tired of walking up and down to toilet......Please help

It may be a bladder infection. The other reason may be that the uterus is pressing on the bladder. See your doctor to check.