Question
Posted by: Julia | 2012-06-14

Financial problems

Husband went on early retirement started his own business age 45. Business lasted 5 years and the work dried up. He tried to work on a patent which never resulted in a business. He receives a small pension (very small) needless to say i have to work to keep things going. When i mention he need to assist financially he gets very aggressive and abusive also uses the excuse that he is too old now (60) I actually accepted it and now only relies on myself. Does that make me a weak person?

Of course it doesn't make you a weak person, not at all. On the contrary, you demonstrate your strength every day. His weakness is clear, however, as he has apparently just given up. He could get a part-time or full-time job, maybe not as impressively as his earlier self-image, but at least to earn some income. And until that turns up, at least he could take care of all the chores at home, lessening the load on you.
His aggressiveness when you raise the issue is probably because he feels embarrassed about it. Don't take it personally.

1