Question
Posted by: Sheila | 2010-05-06

Financial Difficulty

Hi there,

I am so down today. I could not even draw R250 from my bank account. I have a business but people are not paying me. I am owed R70 000 and have had the same amount stolen from me by ex-staff members who debt collected cash and ran off with the money. They also bought on my accounts around town and I now sit with huge debt and cannot pay them off.

I really don''t know which way to turn to. I have strengthened my faith over the past few years and handed everything over to God. But today I feel let down and feel down in the dumps. I don''t know how I am going to get out of this. If I liquidate the company then I think my problems will be bigger, the same applies if I sequestrate myself. I really want to pay back my debt as I don''t want to leave other people with huge debt.

I don''t know what to do...

I hope you have laid criminal charges against the thieves - too many of them get away with this sort of thing because their victims are just too weary to pursue the matter, especially with an unreliable policing and justice system. Check with the free law clinic wich should operate at your nearest law school,as you need good legal advice, and communicate with the people to whom money is owed - if they know that the money for which they are pursuing you was fraudulently taken by others, buying on your accounts without authorisation, they may be more understanding, and they should have the sense to recognize that waiting, to get some of their money back eventually ( hopefully, from the crooks when they are caught ) is better than wasting money pursuing you now, when you ae not the person responsible for or benefitting from, the debts.

1