Question
Posted by: Vally | 2010-01-13

Financial concern - Fear

I am planning to move to my own apartment soon, I used to stay on my own but struggled to make a living as a single parent of two (hubby - late), had to pay for the rental, car and schools. I had to move back to my parents home- its 1 year now, I try so much to spend according to my budget, spoil the kids a bit, with salary of R12000.00. Paying car for about R4000.00 and rentals now goes to R3500.00-cheaper ones (tried to check cheaper rentals in the safer developed location at home but mostly all taken). I always ask myself what is it that I am doing wrong. Or maybe things are expensive, after paying debts and groceries there is so little left. Now I am not coping with the kids in one bedroom at my parent’ s home, I am so stressed not knowing what to do. Also sharing a bed, I feel for them since of my HIV status being positive, what if one day I bleed and it gets to them at night.

I'm sure that other readers will have more practical advice for you here. So long as you care for your own health, you need not be a risk to the children - ask your nearest clinic or HIV advice center to be sure you understand exactly what is and is not a risk factor for them

3
Posted by: Vally | 2010-01-14

Thanks for the response, much appreciated. God bless.

Reply to Vally
Posted by: Blossom | 2010-01-14

Sell your car privately like on gumtree.co.za or junkmail.co.za then pay up the balance, buy a small cheaper car at least until you are back on your feet. cut all costs to barest minimum. Get a sleeper couch which folds into a double bed and single bed for you and the children to be seperate. Many parents with HIV raise their children successfully, by following a healthy diet and going on medication, they live longer. Also, keep your wounds sealed i.e. with band aids and bandages. Your kids love you whether your are HIV or not.

Reply to Blossom