Question
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2008/06/02

Fillers for Wrinkles?

I have deep wrinkles next to my nose and around my chin. I don't want a facelift as I think that's too drastic for me - I will be 69 in 4 days time. However I am deeply distressed about the wrinkles and wondered if fillers would work for me? Are they done under local anaesthesia or? Thank you

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Cat Lady, thank you for the question and have a great birthday.

Your best approach would be to consult an aesthetic medical practitioner, cosmetic dermatologist, or plastic surgeon that can examine the areas of concern and advise you on the best treatment options. Fillers have an amazing list of possible uses including the filling of wrinkles, grooves, and depressions; restoring the loss of volume of our face, and reshaping the face were necessary. Fillers are usually performed with either a topical anesthesia or under local depending on the area treated.