Question
Posted by: LULU | 2012/03/29

filler

Good day Doctor,
im 37years old and when i smile i have lines on my cheeks they are just superficial lines but can juviderm be used to fill them ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lulu, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response but I was away attending an overseas congress.

Juvederm if applied correctly can treat ‘smile lines’ but the result is dependent on what the exact mechanism or cause of these lines. If they are dimples then one can’t get 100% smoothness but a definite improvement will be visible. If the lines are due to underlying volume loss (fat support loss) then one should get a very good improvement with these lines.