Posted by: neo | 2008-12-19

and that is your fillers and botox that u use at your practice

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Neo, thank you for the question.

I will answer both posts in the same answer:

Generally speaking Botox™ (Allergan Pharmaceuticals) treatment results last for 3 to 4 months, however, there are some patients that Botox may only last for 2 months (if they use their facial muscles excessively) or results may last as long as 6 months. Furthermore, the dosage injected (number of units) will also determine the length of duration of effects (the higher the dosage the longer the effects).

Dysport’s (Ipsen Pharmaceuticals) length of duration is dependent on the total units used and the conversion ratio of Dysport units to Botox units:
2.5 Dysport units for every 1 Botox unit used = 2 to 3 months (slightly cheaper than Botox)
5 Dysport units for every 1 Botox unit used = 3 to 4 months (more expensive than Botox)

The length of time that fillers have an effect in a treated area depends on 2 main factors:
Type of filler used: Restylane 6 months, Perlane 6 to 8 months, Juvederm HV and Juvederm Ultra 9 to 12 months, Radiesse 12 to 18 months, & Artecoll is permanent.
Area and depth injected: with cheek augmentation one can get results lasting up to 2 years.

My preference is to only use FDA approved fillers at my practice (Juvederm HV and Juvederm Ultra & Restylane/Perlane). I predominantly use Botox™ but I do have a few patients who prefer Dysport.