Posted by: Melanie | 2008-11-11

Filing for bankrupcy

does anyone know how to go about filing for bankrupcy?

I have bonds that I cannot pay for as I have been unemployed for 8 months since i quit my job.

pls help

I hope other readers can respond helpfully here, as I am an idiot about financial matters. You probably need both financial advice from your bank ( they rather make a plan to get paid more gradually than receive much less if you can't eventually pay them at all ) and a lawyer about the intricacies of bankruptcy

Posted by: anon | 2008-11-12

just a question - why quit your job if you know you have bonds to pay, and no other income???

Reply to anon
Posted by: Nozi | 2008-11-12

Rather file for voluntary sequestration. you can apply for rehabilitation before your 10 years are up.If you in JHB try Logan Attorneys,why not give get to take over your bond rather,than go this route.

Reply to Nozi