Posted by: Rië tte | 2010-05-31

Filargo or Neo Strata Chemical Peel

I want to get a chemical peel during the winter months . I am 35 and never had a chemical peel. The two clinics in Paal offer either a filargo or neostrata peel. Which one would you recommed? - I use Environ skin care products.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Riette, thank you for the email and my apologies for the delay with my response but I was away in George presenting filler and Botox workshops for the doctors in the area.

Both peel systems use glycolic acid and the main difference between the two is that NeoStrata has a lower pH (more acidic) and has more free acid available than the Filorga peels. We only use NeoStrata in our practice as it is my personal preference and I believe that the difference in the free acid does determine the effect one can achieve.

My advice is to consider the NeoStrata peel system but both are good and either will have beneficial effects for your skin; furthermore both are compatible with the Environ range.

Posted by: mimi | 2010-05-31

ps recommend sum1 i can see in Midrand/JHB that can do a professional chemical peel and or microdemabrasion? i need sumthing close to Midrand/Fourways/Woodmead/Sunninghill please. Do you recommned these above procedures for pigmentation. general discoloration and also acne scarring (not much scarrin just brown mark after pimple gone) i also have adult acne, not on contraceptives... wl chemical peel ease the forehead frown lines appearing now i am 37 yrs old?

Reply to mimi