Question
Posted by: Pati | 2010-10-25

fights between the next doors

I dont know how to put it, my younger sister had her first born baby when he was 18years old. We were very poor then, the childs father lived next door our home. He loved child and my sister but was influenced not to take care of them but dump them because we were so poor that no other human being wanted to mix with us. They did funny things like putting water mallon and bread next to our home which we did not understand what they meant. They had 3 daughters and they even taught them that we are nothing, my father past on in 1996 they did funny things like when my mother went out because she was moarning and wore purple dresses and a doek they will stand outside and laugh at her or when the mother of that house swept outside and we wanted to pass she will sweep at us. Last July the mother of the house past on, and this friday in october the father past on. The people of the street are blaming my mother and us they say why are we not going to them and say something to them because since then we did not talk to each other they said we must go to court if we want support, on Wednesday they say people of the street are coming to our home, for what I dont know, please assist us on what to say because we are a very sweet family they think they can do whatever, please advice, they think we are the ones who killed this family, what must we do.

Maybe your famil was poor in terms of lack of money, but the family next door were much poorer, in lack of values, sense, compassion and simple good manners. Snobbery and cruelty they seem to have had aplenty.
If you can prove that he was the father, do indeed go to the Maintenance Court and have that fact established in court, and a court order for him to pay maintenance for the child.
It sounds like supersition for anyone in the street to blame your famil for the death of his parents - did they blame his family when your mother died ? Does nobody in your neighbourhood die of illness ? Or are all of them bewitched and harmed by others in the street ?
If there is any risk that these ignorant and ugly people might try to harm you or your family, call the police and insist that they protect you.

1