Posted by: single 4eva | 2009-05-19

fighting to stay single

I think I have a problem. I am 37 and dont want a boyfriend. When I am with someone, I seem to fight to stay single. I make up lies that Im doing things so that dont have to see them that often, I dont like sleeping over at their place or them at tmine because I dont sleep properly and they want to cuddle me all the time, I dont want to change my lifestyle to accommodate them (i.e. I like eating salad at night and dont want to eat take aways or eat out). It just seems like a constant battle and I am much happier being single and doing my own thing. This happens with all the guys I see, so please dont say it will change when I meet the right one!! Is there something wrong with me?

YOu don't want a boyfriend ? FIne, you don't have to have one. Some people just don't enjoy close relationships, and are happier on their own. It's not compulsory to want what veryone else sems to want ( and actually, many of them don't want it either. YOu're adult, independent, and self-sufficint. COngraulations.

Posted by: Liza | 2009-05-19

Stop fighting to stay single - enjoy it! Sometimes a relationship is nice, but its definitely not compulsory. If the problems outweigh the benefits, its time to leave. Nobody should try to force a relationship. It only leads to much bigger problems.

Good Luck

Reply to Liza

I am 41yrs old, single, no kids. I do not like close relationship. I do not want to share a bed with a man nor even sleep at a man' s place. I do not like holding hands nor being hug to tight by a man. Even my family we hardly hug one another.

Posted by: Lowrider | 2009-05-19

Actually I personally think there' s nothing wrong with you! Why not be proud of your independance ? And those who can handle it stay, those who don' t go away.
You rule!

Reply to Lowrider