Question
Posted by: ? | 2011/12/01

Fight over maintenance

My ex is demanding more maintenance from me for our 7 yr old daughter despite the fact that I''''m already paying more than half of the child''s expenses. She also works and earns well.

So yesterday I received an sms telling me that she has approached the maintenance court and the date is 12 April 2012 however there is a provision that we can go to the family court and make an agreement without going to court.
She provided me with all the details.

My questions is, am I not supposed to receive an official summon from the court that I should acknowledge recipt of. Is her sms a valid/legal notice for me to appear in court?
I don''t understand. She knows all my particulars.

You need a legal opinion. As I understand it, a Maintenance Court is supposed to look at your earnings and hers ( with both needing to provide bank statements / pay slips, whatever, to substantiate awhat they claim ) and to divide maintenance on the basis of the earnings ratio.
Call the mainenance court, usually at your or her local magistrate's court, to find out about what notification you should receive. And be careful as failing to turn up can result in a judgement against you

15
Posted by: New Age | 2011/12/02

Karma will see your maintenance increased enormously.

Reply to New Age
Posted by: Regular | 2011/12/02

One would expect physco analysis on a phyciatric site! and legal advice on a law site.Your advice to move on to other posts will surely be taken as you are beyond help

Thank you for sending us all your love...........but a thank you would have been nice considering the time well meaning strangers invested in you?

l would like to wish you all the best but honestly cannot bring myself to convey that messsage to such an ungrateful unpleasant person.

Reply to Regular
Posted by: ? | 2011/12/01

You know what, I had asked for simple advice and I now see that this posting filled with a lot of useless crap. All your physco-analysis will be of much better use elsewhere. So kindly move onto other posts.

Love you all

Reply to ?
Posted by: Observer | 2011/12/01

After witnessing your uncalled for hostility to people who have replied to your posting it is hardly surprising that the mother of your child communictes with you by sms.

You really need to employ a lawyer to answer your question, it would probably be better for your childs mother to have someone less aggresive to communicate with about this issue. Employing a legal represenative would surely be advisable for all concerned.

Remember just because you are paranoid does not mean everyone IS out to get you.

Peace and love 2 u

Reply to Observer
Posted by: Anne | 2011/12/01

Hi ?, I read your post and also though that it may be best to post this in the forums aimed directly at divorce. Yes, some people here do experience nasty divorces, but you would have gotten a much better response on the other forums. You are not portraying yourself in a good light, and by telling people to shut their traps when they are being helpful and civil is unfair. In fact, when I read that the first thing I thought was “ no wonder you are divorced” . I really think you just need to relax, realize that the people here are NOT the enemy. I mean, would it have been any better if you had gotten no response? CyberSkrink’ s post was written in the exact same tone as the others (well, Obvious is a bit aggressive) but still. Just chill, and take the people’ s advice and post in the divorce forums. I see you haven’ t done it, maybe rather speak to a lawyer. But I can tell you this- in my experience when it comes to legal notices is that SMS’ s do not constitute legal notification.

Reply to Anne
Posted by: Anne | 2011/12/01

Reply to Anne
Posted by: Maria | 2011/12/01

I directed you to a forum where you are more likely to get responses from people who have been in similar situations as the one you find yourself in. I fail to see how that was the wrong thing to do. But if you didn''t want to be pointed in the right direction for finding help then you know what? I don''t care.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: ? | 2011/12/01

Regular, how are they the same. Cs didn''t just tell me its legal question/wrong forum. It wouldn''t have hurt to just shut your trap as well.

Reply to ?
Posted by: Regular | 2011/12/01

Shrinks advice was the same as Maria and Obvious.
They took time to consider your problem and reply. A bit of gratitude would be in order here...........

Reply to Regular
Posted by: ma man a | 2011/12/01

It sounds to me like you are being conned, into paying more. even more so that there is an option 2 which is where you are expected to be slaughtered. I have never heard of an sms summon never - aint say she a gold digger but ma man. Just meet her and giver her, her salary adjustment.

Reply to ma man a
Posted by: Obvious | 2011/12/01

But we did have something useful to say - you are on the wrong site! What can be more useful than directing someone to the correct source to obtain the info they require?

My other useful comment is have you considered anger management?

Ps what is zio?

Reply to Obvious
Posted by: ? | 2011/12/01

Maria and Obvious, if you don''t have anything significant to contribute, may I suggest that you keep quite.
Even if its a legal query, someone on this site might have some useful info or may have gone through the same thing or knw someone who has.

So please just zio it

Reply to ?
Posted by: Obvious | 2011/12/01

This is the wrong site.
This is a legal query not a medical problem!!!!!!!

Reply to Obvious
Posted by: Maria | 2011/12/01

I think the Divorce Support forum would be the best place to ask this question.

Reply to Maria