Question

Fickle or not?

My husband tends to drink on occasion (most weekends) and gets so drunk that he cannot focus, can hardly talk properly, does clumsy things and the minute he puts his head down, he passes out. He is not physically aggressive but gets argumentative. I have a 3 year old and I really do not want him to be exposed to this behaviour. I have spoken to my husband about this umpteen times but he doesn' t see that there is a problem. Whilst sober, he is a perfectly good father and husband. Am I being fickle or over- reacting?

He certainly has an alcohol problem, probablym alcoholism ( which includes this sort of binge drinking. Its typical of an alcoho;lic that they insist there is nothing wrong with them. Partyle this is Denial, partly its because they're so drunk during a binge they don't remember what happened. You are not over-reacting, he is under-reacting, so use your charm and tact to persuade him to see someone who can assess him and help