Posted by: K | 2012-07-09

Fibromyalgia and Pregnancy

Hi Doc.
I''ve got something interesting I want to share. I''m 29 now, and had my first child in November last year. Since I was very young I''ve been having aches and pains all over my body, and eventually a few years ago my doctor diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. I''ve got all the typical symptoms, and the muscle ache gets bad when I''m very busy or stressed. So thinking about my pregnancy, and how it was for me, I realised that, despite the obvious back ache, I never had pain for the time that I was pregnant, and the symptoms came back about 3 months after I gave birth. So now I''m wondering, could there be something during the pregnancy, that took the symptoms away. Maybe a hormone or something, and can''t one look into doing research on this, and maybe find a medication for fibro that actually works. Maybe something in the pregnancy vitamins that I took could also be responsible.Has there been no other cases of pregant women not experiencing all the pain and aches associated with the condition?

During pregnancy there are naturally produced proteins that reduces inflammation. There are alo a higher production of cortico-steroid hormones. These can alleviate fibromyalgia. I suggest that you consult an endocrinologist for optimal treatment of your fibromyalgia.

Posted by: K | 2012-07-09

Hie hie, I thought so too. returned. Now everything feels like punishment. Changing a diaper, bathing a baby, doing the washing it goes on and on. Could it be the calcium/magnesium supplements I took during my pregnancy that had an effect on muscle ache??? Very interesting.
Something for the experts to ponder.

Reply to K
Posted by: N | 2012-07-09

I agree 100% with you - same with me ! I thought my preganancy healed me !

Reply to N