Question
Posted by: annonny | 2009/12/02

fibromyalgia

I have been presecribed a product called lyrrica for my fibromyalgia but Ii have no information about this product. Please tell me where to find all I need to know about the active ingredient, user info, how it works etc.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi A

Lyrica cintains the active ingredient Pregabalin which is an anticonvulsant and pain relieving drug.

It is typically prescribed for fibromyalgia, nerve pain associated with diabetes, pain after shingles infection and partial onset seizures.

For fibromyalgia, it relieves pain and helps improve daily functioning, but it may not work for everyone.

Common side-effects may include: dizziness, tiredness, dry mouth, loss of consentration and changes in weight.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2009/12/03

Hi A

Reply to pharmacist