Posted by: Shiree | 2009/03/20


I have been suffering with a widespread pain on the right side of my face, neck and shoulder. This has been going on for a few years. I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I' m wanting to find out as much as I can about what steps to take. Is there a national center where I could get help or expert doctors I could contact. Many thanks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Shiree,

To make a diagnosis of fibromyalgia, the patient must have pain on both sides of the body, so it is possible that you do not have fibromyalgia. If you would like to discuss this with me please call me on 0825555763 any weekday after 4pm.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Sharon | 2009/03/30

Hi Annemarie, after years of complaining of the constant pain I unfortunately was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and would like to make contact with others in the same boat. Headaches are a common symtom. My contact numbers 084 582 0080 / 011 350 5702. Sharron.

Reply to Sharon
Posted by: antjie | 2009/03/20

Hello Shiree

I also have Fibromyalgia, and I' m also looking for help! It seems that doctors doesn' t " believe"  in it...

If you want, you can email me and we can support each other.

Take Care


Reply to antjie

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.