Question
Posted by: nat | 2008/12/02

fibromyalgia

hi doc,
I suffer a lot with fibromyalgia ,some days worse than others, i am on meds to help. My question is after i have exercised i feel so bad the following day, why is this, isn' t exercise supposed to help?

Dear Nat
There is a fine line to toe with the exercising, it should not be too strenuous, rather do lighter exercise but for half and hour to 40 min a day than high impact exercise for a short period. Cut down until you feel you cope with it and then very gradually increase again. Are you taking any medication?