Question
Posted by: Shell | 2011/01/31

Fibroids, Zoladex, myomectomy etc

I was injected with 10.8 mg depot Zoladex on 4 November 2010 to try reduce the main fibroid in my uterus. I only had the one injxn which my gynae said would last for 6 weeks. had a scan on 8 December - fibroid had slightly reduced. Had an Abdominal Myomectomy 14 December to remove the fibroid(s) - in fact 7 in total - biggest one being 5cm x 7cm!.
Had an HSG and my post-op check up 12 Jan (10 wks since injection and 4 wks since op). Left side all clear - right side distal end obstructed - DR said all OK with some internal healing to happen and that my cycle could return any time in the following 4 wks... (between 12 Jan - 9 Feb)... Still got the hot flushes and no cycle has started.
When will the Zoladex be out of my system and roughly when can I expect my perod to start again ?

It is only just 6 weeks sincer the operation. It is difficult to predict when things will get back to normal, but give it another month or so.

2