Posted by: Patty | 2009-03-07

Fibroids on uterus and endometriosus

Hi doc
I' ve just spent 2 days in hospital after experiencing severe abdominal pains. After a sonar I was told that I have a cyst on the right lobe of my liver and a probable haemangioma. There are also fibroids on my uterus and endometriosus inside and outside the uterus. I was treated with antibiotics and painkillers and then discharged with the recommendation that I have a hysterectomy. I am still in pain and need to make a decision. Will a hysterectomy solve my problems and how worried should I be about the cyst on my liver? Patty

The hysterectomy and removal of endometriosis should solve the pain problem. The liver cyst is probably an incidental finding and not serious.