Question
Posted by: Tash | 2010/08/10

Fibroids &  Pregnancy

Would like a second opinion, I went to my gynae on friday 6th august, and it was confirmed that i have a fibroid. I am 13 weeks pregnant. He did not seem to pertubed about the fibroid but did mention that it could affect the babys growth and space? Gynae is hoping it will shrink?
I want to know is do i have to be worried? Am i likely to miscarry because of this fibroid?

How big is the fibroid and where in the womb is it? Most women do not miscarry with fibroids, expecially if they are less than 5 cm.

2

Posted by: Porche | 2010/08/11

Hi Tash

I too was diagnosed with multilple fibroids in my uterus when pregnant with my son in 2007, it did interfere with the growth of my son and fluid in my uteres in the 1st and 3rd trimester of my pregnancy, also caused a lot of ''burning muscle pain'' during the pregnancy- at one stage i had to take a voltaren injection as the pain was that bad,getting worse towards the end, due to positioning of it i was advise to have a C-section, its a condition that needs to be monitored closely and you are already seeing your gynae, based on my history fibroids grow during pregnancy. Pregnancy was much harder than my 1st one,(did not have the fibroids) and both my kids are healthy.

Reply to Porche