Question

Fibroids &  Kliogest

I am 50yrs old &  have been advised to undergo a hysterectomy due to 2 growths in my uterus. I have been taking Kliogest for 18 months &  my gynae said that it should shrink the growths. It has grown and multiplied in this time (0,4cm increase in 3 months) and he still wants me to continue with the Kliogest. According to a few websites, Kliogest may actually encourage the growth of fibriods. Should I continue taking it? I am going for a second opinion in June.

If the fibroids are growing, a hysterctomy is probably the best option. Oestrogen does encourage growth of fibroids, but the amount of oestrogen in Kliogest is very small.