Question
Posted by: Jules | 2008/08/27

Fibroid Removal - Abdominal Myomectomy

Dear Doc

I am 34 year old unmarried woman with no kids, yet.

My gyne discovered a couple of days ago two fibroids (Leiomyomata) situated in the inside of my womb. One is the size of a golf ball and the other a little smaller. The doc wants to do an abdominal myomectomy - do you think its necessary to have such a big op? Could he not do a Larscopy or a procedure where it doesnt involve such a big incision?

I would appreciate your urgent advise as I need to get this op done asap!

Many thanks
J.

MC is right. It may not be necessary to have the operation at the moment. Unless you are having symptoms like heavy bleeding, struggling to conceive or the fibroids are pressing on other organs, it may not be needed at this time.

2
Posted by: miss i | 2009/05/07

iam taking fertomid what possibilities is there for me to fall pregnant

Reply to miss i
Posted by: MC | 2008/08/29

I suggest you go 4 a second opion. when mine were discovered, I consulted 4 doctors, because I' ve herd about the risks / complications they go with i.e. if you fall pregnant. By the end of the day 2 doc' s said no need 4 an op &  the other 2 said operate. But the funny thing is I managed to concieve &  give birth to a beautyfully baby without having gone 4 the op. Don' t get me wrong depending on where they are u might have to go 4 an op. Recommendation: If it' s possible get a 2nd &  3rd opion if need be, to set you mind at ease.

Hope this helps

Reply to MC