Question
Posted by: Lisa Owen | 2011/10/19

fibroid issue

I was told by the Gynae yesterday that I have a fibroid and that there might be other stuff blocking my tube, she said it will required a surgical procedure . Though I have been trying to get Pregnant for the past 3years after marriage with no success. I am afraid to do surgery , please what other way can this process be done?

Dear Lisa Owen

The presence of a fibroid or fibroids in critical positions may indeed cause distortion or blockage to the fallopian tubes and hence cause the fertility problem. In such cases it is advisable to have the fibroids removed. The alternative in this situation would be in-vitro fertilization provided that the endometrial cavity (inner cavity of the womb) is not adversely distorted by the fibroid. However should this be the case I would still recommend surgery as the primary method of treatment.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/10/25

Dear Lisa Owen

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Donald Kay | 2011/10/19

I am 31 years old male, I am having terrible pain below my Abdomen and my right hand side testis, each time I take any strong drink, I fell more pain. I really don''t know what it is....

Reply to Donald Kay
Posted by: Tina | 2011/10/19

be careful!!! Although surgery might be the good but doctors are too quick to tell you about surgery and zoladex because they get lots of money when they operate you. It is good to get second opinion. Dont fall into the trap like me......get more info. Doctors dont tell you that surgery doesnt guarantee that growths will not come back and there will be adhesions, the list is endless....

Reply to Tina