Question
Posted by: Sdudla | 2010/03/03

Fibroid

Hello Doc,

to cut a long story short, since late last year is have been spotting very dark, even black discharge so i went to a gynae who told me i had a cyst which was removed begining of February this year. he now showed me photos which were taken during the procedure of removing the cyst which show that i now have a fibroid in my uterus and he also this too should be removed. he said it was 2-3cm, my question: is this procedure to remove a fibroid necessary and is it safe to have it done so soon after having a cyst removed?

Regards,
Sdudla

Your fibroid is quite small and , unless it causing symptoms, does not need removal at this tme.

1