Question
Posted by: tamher | 2008/06/23

Fibroadenoma

I am 24 years old. I recently found a lump in my left breast. I went for an ultra sound and the radiologist told me that the lump had all the specifications of a fibroadenoma. It is rather large 47.5mm. She suggested that I have it removed due to the fact that it is large and it will always bother me as I will be thinking that it is growing but it is not. Would it be wise for me to have it removed? Are there any other medical reasons execpt for size that I should have it removed. I recently stopped the pill. What causes these lumps? Does this increase the risk of me getting breast cancer in later years. I do not want to have it removed just for it to grow back again.

It does not increase your chance of breast ca and since it is that big the advice of having it removed is not a bad one. It usually does not grow back