Question
Posted by: Fibre | 2009-11-26

Fibre intake

I have been tested botg sensitive to gluten and lactose, I am now finding myself very constipated since I have been cutting these foods out. What can I eat to increase fibre, healthy digestive systom. I dont like rice and corn so those are not option for me for fibre.

Dear Fibre
If you are sensitive to gluten and lactose and are cutting out all wheat, oats, rye, barley, kamut and spelt to avoid gluten, your diet will automatically have a much lower content of so-called insoluble dietary fibre which is the type of fibre that promotes bowel regularity. If you also do not eat brown rice, corn on the cob, unsifted maize meal or maize grits (which have good fibre contents), then the only foods left to you to supply dietary fibre are legumes (dry canned or cooked beans, peas, lentils, and soya) and vegetables and fruit, esp dried fruit. Make sure that you eat at least one serving of legumes and 5 or more servings of fruit and vegetables a day. Boiled dried fruit for breakfast should ensure regularity. It also helps to take beneficial microorganisms or probiotics. Try Bifidoflora (Bifidobacteria), which is recommended specifically for the treatment of disorders of the colon (large intestine) and can be purchased at health shops.
I hope you can regain your regularity

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-11-26

Dear Fibre
I hope you can regain your regularity