Posted by: Lost | 2009-01-27

Good day doc,

It seems every healthy diet includes high fibre bread/cereal, etc.

I have a problem that if I eat ANY type of high fibre food groups, I suffer the following:

1. Bloatedness

Dear Lost
If you react to high-fibre foods with bloating and symptoms such as abdominal cramps, etc, then you will have to experiment with the type of fibre you eat. Fibre is divided into two main groups: 1) insoluble fibre which is found in whole and unprocessed grains and cereals (e.g. High-bran cereal, brown rice, wholewheat bread) and can in some cases cause problems, 2) soluble fibre which is found in oats, fruits and vegetables which generally does not cause abdominal symptoms. Cut out all wheat fibre from your diet (for example eat only 100% rye bread), but continue to eat oats for breakfast and have plenty of fruit and vegetables to see if this will help your condition.