Posted by: Connie | 2009-07-06

Fiber diets!

I have been trying to lose weight for years and one thing that is common in most diet plans is FIBRE. My problem is that fiber doesn’ t work for me. Instead of keeping me regular, it leaves me constipated for days. They said I should introduce fiber to my diet in small doses. I tried but it still doesn’ t work.
I can have a slice of rye bread or a bowl of al bran flakes a day and end up constipated.
What kind of a diet plan can I follow with less or no fiber?

Dear Connie
I must say that this is an interesting situation that you get constipated when eating more fibre. I can only suggest that you use the balanced diet on this Website as a guideline (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), but every time the recommendation is to eat a high-fibre bread or cereal you substitute a fruit or a vegetable instead. Let's see how you do on this type of diet. Make sure that you are very strict with cutting down on fat intake as this will reduce your energy intake and lead to weightloss. Also combine daily exercise with the diet to obtain the best results.