Question

Fiance''s insecurities

I have been with my fiance for 6 or so years, engaged for 2. We haven''t taken the next big step mostly due to finances but I admit I also haven''t really felt up to being the center of attention.
I''m quite a shy person, this has been the first/only relationship I''ve been in and I''ve always looked at as me being fortunate to have found someone like him without having to sift through a pile a frogs first.

My issue is for the past couple of months my fiance has been consistently prodding me with the same questions. If I''m not curious about what other men have in there pants? He has had his fair share of romances but I have no experience outside of our relationship, how can I be certain that I want to be with him? etc. He has even gone as far as saying that he is sure I will eventually cheat on him, if for no other reason, simply out of curiousity. All of his questions are always about sex.

I don''t know what to say to him about it anymore, any suggestions? It''s beginning to get hurtful for me as I''ve not done anything EVER that even suggests I would do such a thing, I feel as though my character is under attack without reason and I don''t understand why someone must have had several sexual partners for them to able to say " I''m happy" ? Maybe I''m just a prude.

Sometimes a really shy and nice person, may mistake a frog for a prince. It sounds like this frog is projecting his own sexual curiosities onto you, and assuming you must have the urges and curiosities he does. People exceedingly concerned that their partner will cheat on them, are often cheating or contemplating cheating, themselves. You're not a prude, but there's something creepy about what this guy is doing, which, as you're relatively inexperienced with the ways of frogs, you might not recognize as the croaking it really is

2
Posted by: jake | 2012/05/07

CS I do not think that your advise is building.....If anything, yes the guy is insecure and yes ...he is probably concerned about what she may be thinking. It could be that he does not believe how lucky he is to have one person that only knows only you. Surely CS if you have ever been in a relationship with the overly experienced and having to compete with their million fantasies, you would have better appreciation of the blessing the guy has received.

Lady, the poor dude does not mean to upset you....he is just as worried that he will eventually loose you, it could be that his sexual performance may have been questionned by previous lovers and he is wondering whether he actually does it for you or you just dont know how well this should be done sort of.

It is sick and twisted, I know but believe me there is nothing sinister about his behaviour nor is he a frog...he is confused prince who just found out that indeed snow white exist. So what, if anything tell him you are content with the situation but the nature of the questions are beggining to get to you and that he need to get it though his thick skull that indeed you love him. As men, we turn to obsess a lot over sex, but the reality of sex is that, once you have heard over and over.....just like ice cream....you get over it and only have it occassionally. TRUE. we all want more but we all cannt offord more. You are happy with him, CS is having a blue monday just ingore him

Reply to jake