Question
Posted by: Anonomous | 2010/05/31

Fiance has strange thoughts

Good day. My boyfriend of many years has been unemployed for about a year now. We have been living together for the last 4 years now. He has been depressed, rebellious and prone to outbursts for some time now, he has been smoking marijuana for many years as well. I always try and encourage him and have asked him to consider speaking to someone. He is a very skilled artist and sketches very well and recently his drawings have been depicting illicit sexual images and some of these images depict me and even my family members engaging in sexual activity. I came across these images by accident and felt horrible, I have seen it before but never said anything until now. He broke down and confessed that he has always been somewhat aroused by fobidden sexual acts, even incest and parent child scenarios. I am sitiing here at work now feeling completely confused and scared, i dont know what to do, he says these thoughts have always been there with him and when he sketches it, its his way of getting it out of his head. He grew up exposed to violence living among gangsters.His father was very abusive toward them and his sister was a prostitite for many years. I love this man and told him i would assist him where i can and he wants to go into therapy. I am the only one on medical aid and cannot afford assisting him, is there a place in cape town we could get assistance for him and also what could have caused these thoughts, please help

Thanks and kind regards

Maybe his most unwholesome fantasies are based in his unfortunate childhood experiences, but that wouldn't mean they need to be deserved rather than dealt with - the problem would be finding a way for him to get help at low or no cost - maybe the dept of psychology at your nearest university might be able to help.

1