Question
Posted by: Katlego | 2009-06-05

Few friends

I think I am having a problem, I have one friend here at work and most of my colleagues are friends to each other and other people in other divisions. When she is not around I feel so empty.I find it difficult to have more and that what I wish for, anything I am doing wrong. I like people and the do like me but something is just not wright with me, any advice.

Maybe discuss this with her, and maybe he can help and encourage you to form new friendships with other people at work. Its wise not to be dependent entirely on one single friend. If part of the problem is that you feel especially nervous about socialm interactions with other people, this could be a form of Social Anxiety Disorder, which is like a more extreme form of shyness, and can be much helped by a shrink's treatment, with Cognitive-Behaiour Therapy ( CBT ) and some medications. The shrink could also do a basic assessment of your situation, to check whether there's anything else that could be helped.

1

i am the same, have 1 friend that I' m friends with for very long- then mostly spend time with my husband' s cuz... dont bother me much- i am mostly with my family and dont do the whole party/ booze scene- not goods for my kids to see...so i' ve lost alot of pals by changing my life for the better.