fever blisters/cold sores

Can you please tell me if one can pick up fevrer blisters/coldsores at a hairsalon.
On my last 2 visits to a hair salon ......1st..Had a haircut....3-4 days later I had developed a feverblister/cold sore on my scalp...2nd...Had hair cut and same thing...theis time a fever blister has developed on my cheek very close to my eye.....Now strangely enough my neighbour who used the same hair salon also developed a fevrbliste/coldsore just under his nose......Is this just coincidence.....or is there a possibilty that these FBs/CSs.....were actually passed on to us in the hair salon....I will be most interested to read your comment.
At this moment my eye and cheek area are pretty painfull and itchy ...what is the best remedy to use....I have been using diluted savlon to clean the area and then putting a destress oil on the infected area which seems to calm the area down quite a bit......I wait to read your comment.....

Dear Anonymous
Herpes simplex can be transmitted by skin contact, so maybe you should ask the salon owner if the person that cut your hair had any signs of sores or anything on her/his hands. Tell her what happened and ask how they sterilize their combs etc?
Try using some Zovirax/Virobis cream on the blister.

Thanks Dr.Bets....I have been using Fenivir Cold sore cream and it made the infected area itch and burn....I have noew resorted to using Chloramycitine which seems to be much more soothing although the blisters are still weeping.....I have decided to go see my local Doctor in case it is something worse than what heve thought it to be.....maybe its an insect or spider bite...If you like I will keep you posted....
Thanks a ton