Question
Posted by: Jet | 2010/05/24

Fever Blisters - Cold sores

I occasionaly(every 4 months or so) get these fever blisters(clod sores) type of sores on my nose and sometimes around my lips even though I had no fever or colds or anything.

I try to use ice when I sense that tickling feeling before they come out but they somehow just come out anyway. How do I treat these sores before they occur - can I use some cream or so and how can I prevent these cold sores from coming out?

Hallo Jet
You can use antiviral medication (tablets like Zovirax) when this happens but you need to take it within 24 hours of the starting of the symptoms, preferably before it makes blisters. If you already have blisters, something like an antiviral cream will help and you can also use Spirits of campher to dry it out quicker.
DR Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/24

Hallo Jet
DR Bets