Posted by: Mel | 2011-03-07

Fever Blisters

Dear Doc
I am so frustrated. 2 Weeks ago I had the most dreadful fever blisters. One in my nose and 1 on the lip. They finally gone, now ANOTHER horrible one on the lip. I have tried such a lot of ointments and they all promise you the world, but it''s not working. I end up spending a lot of money on products that doesn''t work. Any ointment you can recommend or is there something else I can drink to avoid this horrible things. I have been getting them for years and I do not mind that odd month, but lately it''s another story. I think for this year, i must have had about 5 so far. Also I am diabetic, so to drink any medication will not be too wise. I don''t know. Please help

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-08

Posted by: DR Bets | 2011-03-07

Hi Mel
Try getting Zelitrex prescription within 24 hours the next time one develops - it is antiviral and may help prevent future outbreaks. On the current one you can use Zovirax cream (antiviral) and spirits of campher to dry it out.
dr Bets

Reply to DR Bets