Posted by: Chestnut | 2009-08-14

Fever blister

I am 21 weeks pregnant and last week and Friday I started developing very dry lips. The whole of the weekend I lived on lip balm, but it never improved. My lips then cracked open on certain places but the felt much worse than they looked. By Monday, it still never got better and then by Tuesday, my lip itself was ok, but then the edge right around my lip felt dry. i have been putting on first Zam-Buk and now I have switched back to Vaseline. It seems to be blistering all around my lips and seems to be getting worse now.
Will it be safe to use any blister cream while I am pregnant? And could there maybe be a reason why my lips are like this? I don' t have a cold or never had one as I did get a fever blister a few times when I had a cold.

Best to stick to Vaseline.See a doctor if it does not resolve.

Posted by: Chestnut | 2009-08-26

I did eventually ask my Gynae on my last visit and he said it would be ok to use the blister cream. I used it and the blisters are gone, but my lips are still dry. I am living on Vaseline at the moment from morning to night and even in the middle of the night. But it is getting much better and I think my lips dried out because of the pregnancy because I noticed my face is much drier than before as well.

Reply to Chestnut