Question
Posted by: debbie | 2009/07/29

fever blister

hi doc

in the last few days i have grown something that looks like a fever blister on my lip only thing it looks like about 20 little water pimples. it has a stinging feeling. my lip looks swollan and now the botton of my jaw also feels like its swelling which in turn is affcting my ear. similar to when you get a flu.

this started on monday afternoon.
is it a fever blister or could it be something else ?

i' m using fenivir

Hi Debbie
Yes it sounds like Herpes but may be herpes zoster which is a bit more serious than a fever blister. You may need antiviral oral medication like Zelitrex for 5 days - please see your doctor as soon as possible.