Question
Posted by: jady | 2009-08-06

fever

About a year +- ago I had a highfever and the shivers with flu when I stood up in the middle of the night I lost all control of my bladder as I stood and walked this never happened to me before I am 53 yrs old. I never even had an urge to go to the toilet. around about that time I started having confusion, not knowing if something happend or if I dreampt it. I also battled just a little bit to get words out and felt confused easily. What could have caused this and is it likely to occur again when I have a high fever??

Hallo Jady
It could have happended if you had a urine tract infection, but very high fever can also cause delirium. Difficult to say if it will happen again, most likely not.