Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/07/29

Fetomed/MN

My gynae has prescribed the above medication to induce ovulation since I have an ovarian cyst and this might prevent me from falling pregnant. What are the side effects of this fertility treatment as I have been on the pill for three months to regulate my hormones and want to start a family a soon as possible. Also is it a safe form of treatment.

Dear Anonymous

Fertomid is indicated for the usage of patients in assisted reproduction to induce ovulation. However no drugs are completely safe and should be taken under strict instructions from a medical professional. My only concern is that Fertomid should not be given in the presence of an ovarian cyst as the ovarian cyst may increase in size with the use of Fertomid. There are some other side effects of fertility drug treatments such as Fertomid and these include nausea, vomiting, abdominal distension, bloatedness and occasionally water retention.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo