Posted by: Mark | 2009-02-07

Fetish -WHY?

Hi I was wondering why is it that some people get sexually arroused and pleasure from rather unsual things. For example I have a foot and somewhat of a shoe fetish. Is there a reason or any explantion for this?

Hello Mark,

Each and everyone of us have our own unique "erotic maps" which is similar to our finger prints, completely unique. How what we find sexually erotic, arousing, pleasing, pleasureable etc in what we see, think, do, smell, feel, hear,taste, imagine etc have developed from when we were in the womb and every single day of our physical existence. We experience a range of early erotic experiences and a range of peak erotic experiences whilst growing up in our unique families, unique communities, unique cultures, unique religions etc.

Through all of this we develop our own unique sexuality. Feet and shoe "fetishes" are a very common phenomenon. Think about it. When a baby is crawling around exploring its world, both curious and excited about new found independence and new things whilst also experiencing great anxiety. Mommy calls, baby is excited, crawls over to mom. What is the first thing baby sees as it realises it has found mom, and what is baby seeing last as he/she is swooped up and experiences great elation at being back in the safety of "mother". The child experiences great pleasurebale emotions at the visual of the feet and shoes. Is it that unthinkable that that association could not develop further and potentially be incorporated in a person's pleasure spectrum?

Posted by: dumb | 2009-02-11

this is a dumb response from the Sexologist!!!!
My friend you just enjoy that - no reasoning whatsoever behind it! you just enjoy it - period!

Reply to dumb