advertisement
Question
Posted by: Debbie Coetzer | 2011/02/17

Fetal Ventriculomegaly with Fretarnal Twins

We are BROKE ...PLEASE HELP!!! We met with Prof. Nicolaou at Morningside-Clinc whom I have been informed is “ the best of the best”  in Pregnancy Foetus Scans. He completed FULL tests on both our Babies from head-2-toe, inside-& -out !!! > >  some important bits came out .. of which we would like to share only with certain people. Our bigger Girl is in perfect health, however our smaller Girl is not .... she has perfection in her weight, length, growth, external body features 110%, movement .. almost everything –  BUT –  we have discovered that she has accumulated “ water on the brain” . Doc has not explanations on how this type of thing happens, but that it happens to many Babies &  has nothing to with the fact that she is a Twin, it is not a hereditary or anything that could have been prevented –  Doctors simply don’ t know why this sometimes happens to little one’ s. Doc Story: she has accumulated water on the brain due to a blockage between the back of the brain &  the spin, of which results in an abnormality being brain-damage (we don’ t any details of what or how serious that is as yet ..investigation). She is still VERY much at the beginning stages so therefore there is NO DAMAGE right now. She has the next 4-6 weeks before anything will begin to happen to her tiny little brain !!! Statistics show that 20% of Babies recover from this &  are born to be completely normal Children > > >  the 80% result in immediate termination after +8 weeks from warning &  confirmation scan of abnormalities. In a Twin scenario it’ s a little different as terminating one Baby would most defiantly lead to death of the other Baby > >  what they then do is once confirmation has been concluded of damages they would then wait until the Babies are 33 weeks old &  inject the affected Baby in the heart causing immediate death, from that point they wait until the 37th week &  give the mother a C-Section .. obviously resulting in .. 2 Babies being delivered by only ONE being the survivor. Prof. Nicolaou never gave me ANY other options or opinions on what we could even just possibly consider, assumedly he has had the sad job of doing this many times &  was simply trying to cut to the chase &  not delay what they say is the most likely case. OUR Story: we have chosen to STRICTLY go with GOD’ s plan !!!!! we have no idea or clue as to what that may be as yet .. BUT .. what we do know is that we “ Believe, in GOD”  &  that when you come to GOD with your cries of Help &  you ALL Stand-Together in the same Prayer requests &  Unshakable FAITH that Miracles do happen &  that GOD does truly have a plan for each of his children &  that includes our little Girl. One of many things could be GOD’ s plan  this water is cleared in the soonest given time, that we are able to get successful help from Doctors,

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Your options really depend on what you want. It sounds from what you have written that you have had a good explanation and that you have understood it. The one option is to accept that there is a risk of mental retardation and that you will accept that. Remember that it is not definite. 20% of babies with this condition will be okay. The other option is the termination of pregnancy and it has been explained to you how and when this will be done because of the twin pregnancy.There is no treatment that can be done in utero. It is, however, entirely your decision whether you are prepared to accept the risk of a handicapped baby, or whether you would want to terminate the pregnancy.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

1
Our users say:
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011/02/17

Your options really depend on what you want. It sounds from what you have written that you have had a good explanation and that you have understood it. The one option is to accept that there is a risk of mental retardation and that you will accept that. Remember that it is not definite. 20% of babies with this condition will be okay. The other option is the termination of pregnancy and it has been explained to you how and when this will be done because of the twin pregnancy.There is no treatment that can be done in utero. It is, however, entirely your decision whether you are prepared to accept the risk of a handicapped baby, or whether you would want to terminate the pregnancy.

Best wishes

Reply to gynaedoc

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement