Question
Posted by: ROSA | 2012/11/27

FERTOMID TREATMENT

hi am 30 years and married i have been on fertomid treatment for 4 months and every month my menstrual cycles changed to being 1 day early, August i had pains thet felt like labour pains like im about to give birth went to my GP and he said my ovaries are just swollen this month it came 5 days before the actual date(15 Nov) did pregnancy tests everymonth but nothing is happening. im i inferile or what? please help

Dear Rosa
The fact that you have not fallen pregnant with 4 dose of fertomid, does not mean that you are infertile. It however does not mean that there is a major problem. To find out if there are no other problems that may contribute to your having difficulty falling pregnant, you will have to have it investigated properly. The fallopian tubes will have to be assessed to see if they are open or closed, you will have to do a hormone profile to see if all your levels are normal. Your husband will have to go in for a sperm test. It is quite normal for you to get your period a day or 2 earlier when you are using fertomid, as well as with the use of tablets such as fertomid the ovaries may produce several follicles or cysts therefore these ovaries may appear swollen and may cause some pain.
Answered by: Dr Y.M.Dasoo

15
Posted by: lulàme | 2015/09/05

M 25 years old married woman I he being trying to convinced then 3years bk I had etopic pregnant they remove my left tube so since DAT time I WS trying nothing has happen till today so I wonder if my right tube has blocked so my friend told me about fertomid m wondering if should I take them even if my tubes are still blocked

Reply to lulàme
Posted by: lulàme | 2015/09/05

Reply to lulàme
Posted by: Jane | 2015/07/14

Im hiv on arv's and was told by my doctor i had pelvic imflammary,can concieve with the help of fertomid

Reply to Jane
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/06/13

Can I use nuhair treatment while I'm on fertomid?

Posted by: nokuthula | 2015/01/17

i have been ttc for over 2 years now, used fertomid days 5-9 im on day 12 now, hubby and I have been at it from day 9 want to know when am i more likely to ovulate? and what are the chances of me being successful first time around.

Reply to nokuthula
Posted by: ma'Zwane | 2014/07/22

Hi I'm on fertomid 5 this is second time I'm trying them again. The last time I did I missed my periods for five day and had a runny tummy, really thought I was pregnant and was so heart broken when my periods showed up. I decided not to take the following month just to recover emotionally and mentally prepare myself, so I finally took them again and I'm four days late again. I'm scared to do a pregnancy test, so just wanted to know if missing your periods is part of the side effect of taking fertomid before I go see my gynea?

Reply to ma'Zwane
Posted by: sophia | 2014/04/04

Just finished first cycle of treatment diagnosed with pcos ovaries not ovulating, after check up today fertomid did not work doc increased my dose

Reply to sophia
Posted by: Inhle | 2014/03/25

Can a person on arvs use fertomid?

Reply to Inhle
Posted by: betty M | 2013/07/07

I'm a 46year old woman wit one kid nd she's 21yrs old,I would like to hv more kids,I recently went to the docter nd he told me my tubes are blockd,he gave me Fertomid-50.I take my pills but my problem is tht my partner's job demand his attantion so he is never home.so I dnt knw whn I shud take my pills, should I take thn whn I knw he's cuming or shud I jst continue taking thn evn withought him????pls help#desperate

Reply to betty M
Posted by: nolupo | 2013/04/25

Can you use fertomid 50 if you are HIV positive and you are on ARV"s?

Reply to nolupo | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Inhle | 2014/03/25

I'm interested in the answer.

Posted by: mawi | 2013/01/26

Hi,Im on fertomid 3cycle,Im on cd4 today and have2tablets to take.Now I have a cyst on my left ovary I asked the radiologist to do a sonar on me as i am feeling a pain.On round two i went to a gynae cd24 to check if i ovulated or just to monitor if im doing.He said if an OPK was positive I dont have to worry.No sonar no nothing,he even said if 3rounds dnt work he''l increase the dose.IM CROSSING FINGERS TO GET AN APPOINTMENT FROM A FERTILITY SPECIALIST.IM TAKINGG FERTOMID 50mg cd2-6

Reply to mawi
Posted by: married women | 2013/01/25

Hi Nomsa.U need to start taking the pills on 5th day.I am also on fertomid treatment and this is my last cycle.i am hoping for the best.

Reply to married women
Posted by: nomsa | 2013/01/24

im 40years of age just started the treatment done all assesment so started the ivf and taken blood samples my first ivf did fail now the gynae has introduce me to this fertomid treatment so i want to know when to start the pill because started to see my periods today , do yo take pills on 1st day of the pill or the 3rd day of the periods , please help

Reply to nomsa
Posted by: nomsa | 2013/01/24

Reply to nomsa