Question
Posted by: Zellie | 2007-07-16

Fertomid side effects

Good Day Doctor

A friend said she read somewhere that if Fertomid is used for extended periods it could actually have the opposite effect and make conception even harder. I read the side effects on the leaflet on the inside of box, but it is way too complicated for me to understand. Can you please tell me in plain English what side effects there are associated to using this fertility drug?

Dear Zellie

Fertimed contains clomiphene citrate, which is the same ingredient in most of the ovulation induction tablets such as clomid, serifene ecetera. It is not advisable to use fertimed on a continuous basis, that means from cycle to cycle without interruption.

The consequences may be the production of multiple ovarian cysts, which may require surgical intervention and hence complicate chances of conception even further. Also the dosage of fertimed should not be increased beyond 100mg since the complication rate would then be much higher and also the chances of implantation significantly lower. This implies that the opposite effect may be experienced with firstly high dosages and secondly with prolonged continuous usage.

15

I'm on fertomid Nd am experiencing pain, my breast tenderness Nd am always hungry

For how long the side effects last after using Fertimed?

For how long does fertimed last?

I am 7 months pregnent I experienced a terreble headache and abdominal painfrom 2 weeks of pregnency til 3months now am ok

Posted by: mary | 2015-07-28

Hi Is skin rash part of the fertomed?

Reply to mary
Posted by: tandie | 2015-05-25

Hi m experiencing a terrible headache, stomach cramps is it normal??

Reply to tandie
Posted by: tandie | 2015-05-25

Reply to tandie
Posted by: tandie | 2015-05-25

Reply to tandie
Posted by: tandie | 2015-05-25

Reply to tandie
Posted by: khanyisile | 2015-05-22

We have a 2year old whom we conceived using fertomid..now we are trying for another one..I'm already on my 2nd cycle(100mg) today is day 3 and on day 5 is my last dose..I haven't experienced any side effect yet though on da 1st cycle I did have nausea and headache...I really pray and hope it works this time and all da best to everyone else trying!!

Reply to khanyisile
Posted by: zinhle | 2015-04-25

Last of last week I went to the doctor he give me fertomid since I'm struggling to have baby,so I started to drink it last week on the 18 this month then on the 21tuesday I finish it,so what I want to ask is that NW I feel tired all the tym & I Vomitting ,so is that maybe is the syne of pregnancy.

Reply to zinhle
Posted by: zinhle | 2015-04-25

Reply to zinhle

I am on fertomid and i just experience waist pains, is ti normal?

Posted by: anonymous | 2015-04-02

im also on fertimed for 5 days only after tubal reversal surgery and am experiencing a lot of headaches and sometimes nausea. is this normal?

Reply to anonymous

Im on fertimed and im experiencing headaches can i take paracetamol?