Posted by: Mandy | 2009-03-16

Fertomid - Delayed period

I just feel I cant stand this anymore. This is my first cycle of fertomid and I was supposed to get my period on Saturday (14th March) if I' m not pregnant or show a positive results if I' m pregnant. Today is my third day past my period and there is still nothing. I' ve already taken to 2 HPT. One on Saturday afternoon and another one this morning and still I' m getting a nagative results.

Does anyone ever experince this and what was the outcome at the end?

Now I' m even thinking of calling Lancert and have a blood test done.

Dear Mandy

The delay of menses is quiet a common occurrence with Fertomid type of drugs and should you not experience any bleeding over the next 3days I would recommend that you have a pelvic ultrasound scan since the likelihood of an ovarian cyst would be extremely high. However the option of doing a sensitive blood pregnancy test is certainly important before excluding ovarian cyst.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim