Question
Posted by: Mia | 2011/05/04

Fertomid and Provera

Hello

I have pcos, my gynae prescribed provera and i received a full period for 6 days. I started taking fertomid on day 5-9.

I did use the OPK which very confusing results, if i had ovulated when would it have been and how soon can i do a pregnancy test.

Dear Mia

Occasionally the use of the ovulation testing kits can be confounded by the baseline LH levels found in polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) patients. This results in a weak or faint positive line each time that you test and this can be very confusing to the average user. In the instances such as this I prefer to use ultrasound scanning with follicle tracking so as to see exactly what the response in both ovaries are at any point in the cycle and to predict ovulation much more accurately. It is impossible to say when you ovulated but the usual in this type of situation would be around about day-14 but anytime between day12 to day-16 is likely.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/05/09

Dear Mia

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert