Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2011/11/07

Fertomid and Inofolic

Hi doc
I went to my gynae beginning of October 2011. The reason for the visit was to find the cause for my sudden facial acne, hair growth on my face as well as not being able to lose weight. I was on the pill (Yasmin) until May 2010 and after I stopped taking it we used condoms. We now want to start trying to conceive. She did an internal sonar as well as a papsmear. She found that I had a cervical polyp and removed it. During the sonar she saw that I had eggs, but that they were all 8mm in size. She also saw that my womb lining was very thin. After the exam and lots of questions she said I had PCOS although I have regular 28 day cycles. She said that I have " lazy"  eggs and also that I had insulin resistance due to high testosterone levels. She prescribed Inofolic (two sachets per day) as well as Fertomid 50mg (half a pill for five days starting day 3 of my cycle). She also prescribed Sperm-i-prove for my husband. I started my period on 22 October 2011 and took the Fertomid from 24 October to 28 October. From 2 November we''ve had sex every second day (2nd, 4th, 6th). I would like to know what my chances are of becoming pregnant and how long it usually takes (how many cycles).

Dear Anonymous

Providing everything else is normal such as the fallopian tubes are not blocked and your husband’s semen analysis is good, then the chances of falling pregnant using the regime that you have mentioned would be approximately 10 – 15% per cycle. About 60% of couples should be able to conceive a pregnancy within a 6 month period, providing everything is normal most couples about 90% usually achieve a pregnancy within a year.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/11/20

Dear Anonymous

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert