Question
Posted by: DEE | 2011/04/11

FERTOMID 50MG

HI I''VE BEEN ON TRIPHYSAL FOR ALMOST A YEAR BUT SINCE JAN 2011 NO PERIOD IM NOT PREG.AND MY BLOOD TESTS SHOWS THAT THERE WE NOTHING WRONG WITH ME. FEB 2011 THE DOC PUT ME ON NORDETTE TO SEE WHETHER MY CYCLE WILL RETURN WITH NO LUCK. FRIDAY I ONLY HAD MY PERIOD FOR 1 DAY. I TOOK FERTOMID THE SAME DAY UNTIL THIS MORNING. I DO NOT HAVE SIDE EFFECTS ONLY STOMACH CRAMPS. I KNOW I MUST DRINK IT ON DAY 5-9 BUT BECAUSE I DON''T HAVE REGULAR PERIODS I WAS JUST TAKING A CHANCE TO SEE IF IT WILL WORK. WHEN CAN I DO A PREGNANCY TEST TO SEE IF IT WORKED.

Dear Dee

From the day of your period you could expect your first pregnancy blood test result to be positive around about day-26-27 of your cycle. I would recommend that you start some form of home ovulation monitoring using the urine LH testing kits such as Clearplan and commence testing from day-9 of your cycle using onset of your period as day-1. The ovulation tester would improve your chances of conception by predicating when ovulation is likely to occur or if ovulation has occurred at all. If no ovulation is detected I would suggest that you visit your gynaecologist for an ultrasound scan to see what is happening in your ovaries.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/04/12

Dear Dee

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert