Question
Posted by: Lydia | 2011/02/28

Fertomid 50mg

Dear doc, my sister in-law gave me Fertomid. She was on it. Is it save for me to use? Hubby &  me are trying now for 4 months and nothing yet. It says on box that I should take half of the pill from the 4th day of my cycle to the 8th day.

Dear Lydia
NO you should NEVER take prescription medication that was not prescribed for you.
FERTOMID is indicated only in patients whose ovaries are not working and if you:
1. are not pregnant
2. don't have ovarian cysts or enlarged ovaries (checked with a sonar)
3. don't have abnormal menstruation
4. have normal liver function (needs to be checked with a blood test)
5. have had a normal gynecological examination
Rather see your gyne first.

6
Posted by: Jessica | 2011/02/28

Hi Lydia

10% of 1st time pregnancies end up in a miscarage so it''s not due to the pills. I also took Fertomid and concieved twins and had no complications with the pregnancy at all - both babies are 100%. Sometimes it''s worth taking a risk!!!
Good luck!

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011/02/28

Thank you EC for the reply. Good luck  -)

Reply to Bee-Bee
Posted by: EC | 2011/02/28

it''s something you drink to ovulate and fall pregnant. Lydia I will not drink it if I were you. I also drank pills to fall pregnant and got a miscarriage. I also know of a lot of other people who also had miscarriages. You don''t want that believe me. It''s better to wait and put your trust in God who is the giver of life. Strongs!

Reply to EC
Posted by: Bee-Bee | 2011/02/28

Hi there Lydia,

What is Fertomid and do I need a script?

(I can''t google it as I am blocked from the rest of the internet - I may only access Health and News 24).

Thank you,
Bee-Bee

Reply to Bee-Bee
Posted by: Lydia | 2011/02/28

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I am 30 now.

Reply to Lydia
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/28

Dear Lydia
1. are not pregnant
3. don't have abnormal menstruation
Rather see your gyne first.