Question
Posted by: Mahlori | 2009/02/12

fertomid -50 and confused

hi everyone. i went to see a Gynae, since i got miscarriage last year. so we' ve been trying to conceive for some months now. so he gave me Fertomid-50, he said i must take it on the third day of my period for five days. so what warries me is my best friend went to another Gynae and she got the same tablets but different instruction. she was told to take it after periods and stay for 14 days without sex and after that they must have sex almost everyday. can somebody tell me the right thing am confused

Dear Mahlori
the package insert instruction says: One tablet of Fertomid-50 daily for five days starting on the fifth day of the menstrual cycle. If ovulation does not appear to have occurred, a second course of two tablets of Fertomid-50 daily (in a single dose) for five days should be given starting from the fifth day of the next cycle.
A third treatment cycle may follow, with dosage regimens that are similar to the second.
An interval of 30 days should be maintained between consecutive courses.

26
Posted by: Patricia | 2016/06/26

Hey guys i'm also confused about when should I start using fertomid the second day of men's or a day after mens. Pleas assist I want to conceive?

Reply to Patricia
Posted by: Patricia | 2016/06/26

Reply to Patricia
Posted by: Vanessa | 2016/06/10

Hi there, I am confused,I started taking my fertomid, 3 days after my period now I am seeing my period, but I feel like something is moving on my stomach, really confused.so my question is this, is it possible to see my period after the course.

Reply to Vanessa
Posted by: Palesa | 2016/05/25

Fertomid are 10 inside so I'm asking that after taking five tablets...what should I do with the other five???

Reply to Palesa
Posted by: Poppy | 2016/04/26

Hi. Im on fertomid and i started my intakes on my first day of periods which was last week friday the 22/04/2016 up to today. Please calculate the date i will be ovulating as i begin my intakes day1 of menstruation.

Reply to Poppy | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/08/07

Hi Poppy. How did it go???I followed same instructions as you, started taking fertomid 1st of my period finished last dose yesterday hoping for the best.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/08

Hi I confused fertomid you have to take during period or after period

Reply to Anonymous | 2 comments (hide)
Posted by: Noudwe | 2016/06/25

My Dr said I must take it on the 5th day when there the menstruation has stopped,its not right to take it when u still on your periods

Posted by: Noudwe | 2016/06/25

Posted by: nozzu | 2016/03/30

Hie every one im new here. My docter said i must take fertomid on the fifth day of my periods now im on the third day and still bleeding. Does that mean they are not working??please help

Reply to nozzu
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/03/30

Hai everyone I'm sorry to budge in like dis I'm getting confused aswel, their are plenty different comments __I am also on fertomide 50 for the first time and today I'm finishing the course but my gyne told me to take the first pill on the 2nd day of my circle for 5 days and then have sex as normal preferable 2 to 3 times a week.what worries me is that I read the doctors response on top saying fertomid is taken on the last day of ur periods so doea dis mean it not gona work for us who took it while we on periods? I'm really worried

Posted by: milicent | 2016/03/29

hi everyone... my Dr instructed tht I should have sex after 3days wen am done my meds. bt today it's my first day bt I was tempted then I had sex. is it still going to work or have I ruined my chances of falling pregnant? stressed

Reply to milicent
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/14

Am using them as well but I feel womb pains am confused alot

Posted by: nancy | 2016/02/03

hi this is my second day taking fertomid is it safe for me to have sex if not when should I have sex

Reply to nancy
Posted by: sabelo | 2016/01/08

This is my second cycle on fertomid 50,after 5 day of fertomid got my period for 2 days.should i take 100 or wait?

Reply to sabelo
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/12/07

Hey guys ... I was told to take it 2 days after my next period. x2 50mg a day for 5 days ... I am still waiting for my period in order to start the process. Wish you guys all the luck! xoxo

Posted by: cleo | 2015/10/26

hi everyone...I started taking fertomid50 pills last month as my doctor suggested,my problem is that im late on my periods with 3 weeks now and I did a home pregancy test but its negative im so confused and stressed

Reply to cleo
Posted by: samu | 2015/10/18

Can I have sex while am drinking fertomid

Reply to samu
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/04

Really this is confusing, is fertomid taken during or after periods?

Posted by: Tandie | 2015/05/20

My doctor gave me fertomid 50 and said I must use it immediately I start my periods for 5 days then have sex afterwards but I'm lil bit confused coz my periods suddenly stopped after I have used these tablets without having sex but that's when I started to have sex on the 4th day of my cycle

Reply to Tandie
Posted by: nothile | 2014/06/14

Hi please help me I'm on the 2nd day taking fertomid 25 what I will like to know is that can I have sex while taking the tablets or should I finish it and have sex after wards

Reply to nothile
Posted by: kwena | 2013/11/18

hi my doctor said i must take the fertomid on my first day of periods "'confused

Reply to kwena
Posted by: Zandile | 2013/07/30

Mu doctor said I should take the fertomid-50 five days after my periods so Im a bit confused on should I have sex while im takinga them or should I wait until I finished the tablets ? Please help I really need a baby.

Reply to Zandile
Posted by: khomotso | 2013/06/06

Im on day 10 since my period,so should i not take the tablets?

Reply to khomotso
Posted by: Jesse | 2009/03/14

I got Fertomid 50 from my doctor and her instructions was that I should start taking the tablets on day 5 (day 1 begin the first day of my menstrual cycle). Its 5 tablets, so it' s one tablet a day for day 5 to day 9. Day 9 - 13 = abstinence, then on day 14 and 15 you and hubby do your thing. On day 21 you go for a blood test to see if you did ovulate. If you did ovulate and you' re not pregnant yet, the dosage will be increased to 100mg. If you did not ovulate... well I don' t know, suppose then there will be different treatment. Good luck, we' re holding thumbs for a little bambino, been trying for more than a year now!

Reply to Jesse
Posted by: LESEDI | 2009/02/23

THIS IS MY SECOND CYCLE ON FERTOMID, BUT THE DOCTOR GAVE ME ONLY 1 TABLET IN A SINGLE DOSE FOR FIVE DAYS. I AM ALSO CONFUSED WITH THE RESPONSE U GAVE TO MAHLORI

Reply to LESEDI